Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Passion and Second Home



there are many passions that i have, but if you know me and have talked to me you will know that one of my greatest passions is FINLAND and not just the land, but also the people, the culture, the food, and most things associated with it. having served my mission i grew to love this place and all that comes with it. i think i love this place so much because i had to work so hard in learning their language, culture and ways. i lived amongst them, i taught them, i walked all over helsinki and tampere (cities in finland), to find the elect and those that would listen to us. the time i was there was probably the hardest times i have ever gone through, but at the same time the most rewarding. finland is a place that i found more of myself, got out of my shell, and gained a better understanding of the gospel. i also found a lady, who became my best friend and part of my family forever.

i have officially been home from finland for 18 months, the same amount of time that i was on my mission. in august i will be going to my second home, finland to show my parents the great and beautiful place that it is. i cant wait!

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I don't think there's anyone that loves Finland more than you! That shows you were an incredible missionary that truly loved the people and your experience. I'm gonna miss you when you go visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete