Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blind????


have you ever felt you were doing something that you don't know why you were doing it? i think there has been plenty of times like that for me, whether it was because my friends were all doing it, or my parents told me that it was the way to go. i thought to my self, why do i do the things i do. am i doing something because i want to, to please some one, or because i feel it is right and maybe non of the above. i feel like i have grown accustomed to doing things that i don't know why i do them. as i have gotten older i have begun to realize a few things. when it came to doing what my parents have thought what was/is best for me, i did it because i trusted them and i knew they would not lie to me. some might say it was blind obedience but for me it all comes down to trust and what we feel inside is right. being a youngster, you don't always know what is best for you so you have your parents to guide you a long. i think of it like this, a blind person can not see in front of them, but they can sense things and they have their guide dog to lead them. the dog is a trusted figure in their lives and the dog leads them to safety. in a spiritual aspect my God is my guide and that is why he has given me instructions such as scriptures, a prophet, commandments, holy ghost etc. oh how great is he? that is pure proof that he loves us. he did not leave us here to sort things blindly

1 comment: